Pak envoy conveys sincere desire to improve relations to PM Manmohan Singh
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Pakistan Premier's special envoy Shaharyar M Khan today met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and conveyed Islamabad's "sincere desire" to move forward on improving relations with India. He also delivered a letter from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif containing warm expressions of goodwill and good wishes for Singh, the government and people of India, a statement released by the Pakistan High Commission here said.
The letter also conveys Pakistan's "sincere desire to move forward on improving relations with India. These sentiments were warmly reciprocated by Singh," it said. The Special Envoy also met National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai. He will also be calling on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.