Pak envoy conveys sincere desire to improve relations to PM Manmohan Singh
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Pakistan Premier's special envoy Shaharyar M Khan today met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and conveyed Islamabad's "sincere desire" to move forward on improving relations with India. He also delivered a letter from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif containing warm expressions of goodwill and good wishes for Singh, the government and people of India, a statement released by the Pakistan High Commission here said.
The letter also conveys Pakistan's "sincere desire to move forward on improving relations with India. These sentiments were warmly reciprocated by Singh," it said. The Special Envoy also met National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai. He will also be calling on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.