Pak envoy conveys sincere desire to improve relations to PM Manmohan Singh
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Pakistan Premier's special envoy Shaharyar M Khan today met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and conveyed Islamabad's "sincere desire" to move forward on improving relations with India. He also delivered a letter from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif containing warm expressions of goodwill and good wishes for Singh, the government and people of India, a statement released by the Pakistan High Commission here said.
The letter also conveys Pakistan's "sincere desire to move forward on improving relations with India. These sentiments were warmly reciprocated by Singh," it said. The Special Envoy also met National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai. He will also be calling on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.