Pak envoy conveys sincere desire to improve relations to PM Manmohan Singh
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: FIR lodged against Ajit Pawar for threatening villagers to vote for Sule
Pakistan Premier's special envoy Shaharyar M Khan today met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and conveyed Islamabad's "sincere desire" to move forward on improving relations with India. He also delivered a letter from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif containing warm expressions of goodwill and good wishes for Singh, the government and people of India, a statement released by the Pakistan High Commission here said.
The letter also conveys Pakistan's "sincere desire to move forward on improving relations with India. These sentiments were warmly reciprocated by Singh," it said. The Special Envoy also met National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai. He will also be calling on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.