'Pak has evidence about India's involvement in Balochistan'
Pakistan has "solid evidence" about India's involvement in fomenting unrest in Balochistan province and is ready to share them with New Delhi, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Wednesday.
Islamabad has "solid evidence of India's interference in Balochistan" and this material can be shared with Indian ministers or representatives at any forum of their choice, Malik told reporters on the sidelines of a meeting at the interior ministry.
"I invite their interior minister or anyone else (to come to Pakistan) and I will put on record all the material about India's interference in Balochistan. I'll prove it to the world," he said.
Malik made the remarks in response to a question about Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's statement that a Mumbai-like attack was imminent in India.
He said India should stop "issuing threats" every few weeks as Pakistan is capable of responding to any contingency.
He said Prime Minister Singh should share with Pakistan the information on the basis of which he had said a Mumbai-like attack is imminent.
"The Prime Minister of India made a statement six months ago that something similar to the Mumbai attacks will happen in India. Yesterday, he has made a statement that (an attack) is imminent. Prime Minister, I am sure you have the information or some intelligence," he said.
Malik said: "I request you (Singh) to give me the information or intelligence that is forcing you say that an attack is imminent. In 48 hours, we will get back to you." Malik ruled out the possibility of Pakistan taking action against Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed without evidence.
India has accused Saeed, also the founder of the Lashker-e-Taiba, of masterminding the Mumbai attacks in November last year.
Pakistan's repeated calls for the resumption of peace talks, stalled since the Mumbai attacks, should not be seen as a sign of weakness, he said.