Pak mobilising troops along Rajasthan border: BSF
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Pakistan has deployed more troops across the international border with Rajasthan in the wake escalation of tension between the two countries, BSF officials said.
"A lot of military movement is being noticed in districts just across the international border for the last few days, which is not normal," R C Dhyani, DIG of Rajasthan frontier BSF, said.
"Patrolling across the border has intesified while defence personnel are constantly on vigil from watch towers," he said.
"It was not a normal practice some days ago and after escalation of tension between two countries Pakistan has deployed more troops across border," he added.
Dhyani said though the situation is under control BSF is prepared to meet any eventuality.
ADG of BSF U K Bansal visited the border areas in Barmer, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur districts on Wednesday and he is understood to have noticed that the movement of troops across the border has intensified.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express