Pak mobilising troops along Rajasthan border: BSF
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Pakistan has deployed more troops across the international border with Rajasthan in the wake escalation of tension between the two countries, BSF officials said.
"A lot of military movement is being noticed in districts just across the international border for the last few days, which is not normal," R C Dhyani, DIG of Rajasthan frontier BSF, said.
"Patrolling across the border has intesified while defence personnel are constantly on vigil from watch towers," he said.
"It was not a normal practice some days ago and after escalation of tension between two countries Pakistan has deployed more troops across border," he added.
Dhyani said though the situation is under control BSF is prepared to meet any eventuality.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully