Pak mobilising troops along Rajasthan border: BSF
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Pakistan has deployed more troops across the international border with Rajasthan in the wake escalation of tension between the two countries, BSF officials said.
"A lot of military movement is being noticed in districts just across the international border for the last few days, which is not normal," R C Dhyani, DIG of Rajasthan frontier BSF, said.
"Patrolling across the border has intesified while defence personnel are constantly on vigil from watch towers," he said.
"It was not a normal practice some days ago and after escalation of tension between two countries Pakistan has deployed more troops across border," he added.
Dhyani said though the situation is under control BSF is prepared to meet any eventuality.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation