Pak mobilising troops along Rajasthan border: BSF
- Jayalalithaa acquitted in DA case, says it's victory for dharma and honesty
- Satyam scam: Ramalinga Raju, 9 others get bail, sentence suspended
- Lok Sabha passes bill to deal with black money stashed abroad
- Two CRPF personnel killed in militant attack in J&K
- Dawood Ibrahim in Pakistan, says Rajnath; Abdul Basit rejects claim
Pakistan has deployed more troops across the international border with Rajasthan in the wake escalation of tension between the two countries, BSF officials said.
"A lot of military movement is being noticed in districts just across the international border for the last few days, which is not normal," R C Dhyani, DIG of Rajasthan frontier BSF, said.
"Patrolling across the border has intesified while defence personnel are constantly on vigil from watch towers," he said.
"It was not a normal practice some days ago and after escalation of tension between two countries Pakistan has deployed more troops across border," he added.
Dhyani said though the situation is under control BSF is prepared to meet any eventuality.
ADG of BSF U K Bansal visited the border areas in Barmer, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur districts on Wednesday and he is understood to have noticed that the movement of troops across the border has intensified.