Pak national escapes from lock-up in Patan
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
A Pakistani national, who was caught in Santalpur area of Patan seven months ago, escaped from the lock-up of the local police Sunday.
"Parbat Amarsingh Koli (25) today ran away from the Santalpur police lock-up. We have launched a massive manhunt," said Patan Superintendent of Police Saurabh Tolambia, adding that the Border Security Force has been alerted.
"We have assigned five teams for this operation, sent his photo to all local newspapers as well as television channels and also roped in the help of neighbouring district police," Tolambia said.
Koli gave police the slip when he was asked to step out of the lock up for cleaning purposes.
The BSF had caught him about seven months ago.
"We had interrogated him to ascertain why did he cross the border illegally, how he did that and was he having any contacts here. But he was non-cooperative," said Tolambia.
"As his interrogation was not fruitful, we had informed the Gujarat government as well as the Government of India and deportation process was underway," he added.