Pak national escapes from lock-up in Patan
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Congress core group meets today over anti-graft ordinances pushed by Rahul
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
A Pakistani national, who was caught in Santalpur area of Patan seven months ago, escaped from the lock-up of the local police Sunday.
"Parbat Amarsingh Koli (25) today ran away from the Santalpur police lock-up. We have launched a massive manhunt," said Patan Superintendent of Police Saurabh Tolambia, adding that the Border Security Force has been alerted.
"We have assigned five teams for this operation, sent his photo to all local newspapers as well as television channels and also roped in the help of neighbouring district police," Tolambia said.
Koli gave police the slip when he was asked to step out of the lock up for cleaning purposes.
The BSF had caught him about seven months ago.
"We had interrogated him to ascertain why did he cross the border illegally, how he did that and was he having any contacts here. But he was non-cooperative," said Tolambia.
"As his interrogation was not fruitful, we had informed the Gujarat government as well as the Government of India and deportation process was underway," he added.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past