Pak singer Attaullah Khan to perform for the first time in India
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Renowned Pakistani singer Attaullah Khan Esakhelvi, who enjoys an immense fan following in India, will perform for the first time in the country next month.
The 61-year-old singer, famous for his renditions 'Acha sila diya' and 'Bedardi se pyar', will perform at a series of concerts in various cities including Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad between October 12 to November 15.
Despite his popularity here, it will be Khan's first ever concert in India.
"I always wanted to perform in India but never got the chance. I know that I have a decent fan following across the border. It is very unfortunate that I could never perform in India until now," Khan said.
Khan feels that musical and cultural exchange is a must between India and Pakistan and he has no apprehensions about his proposed visit.
"Many Indian artistes are coming to Pakistan now and our artistes are going to India. This cross border musical exchange is a must to normalise things," said the singer, who used to sing Mohammad Rafi and Mukesh's songs in his school days.
Khan has recorded more than 4,000 songs in seven languages. By 2006, he had released 403 music albums.
During his much-awaited India visit he wishes to meet melody queen Lata Mangeshkar.
"I am a huge fan of her. I want to meet her when I perform in Mumbai. I will seek her blessings," he said.
There were rumours in India that he has been jailed for murdering his beloved. A film called "Bewafa Sanam" was also made and marketed saying that it is the real life story of Khan.
"This is completely false. I have heard that they did this for the success of some movie. My fans were hurt and so am I," said the artist who has been honoured with the Pride of Performance Award by the Pakistan government.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2