Pak suspends policemen for leaving Sukhbir delegation unguarded
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Seven policemen of the Elite Force of Pakistan's Punjab province have been suspended from service for leaving Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and his delegation unguarded while they went to have dinner at a reception here, officials said Friday.
The incident occurred when a group of businessmen hosted a dinner for Sukhbir and his 45-member delegation at the Royal Country Palm Club on Wednesday. The Elite Force policemen deputed to guard the Indian delegation rushed off to have dinner, leaving the Indian delegation unprotected. Punjab Police chief Haji Habibur Rehman had taken serious note of the "security lapse" and ordered an inquiry.