Pak suspends policemen for leaving Sukhbir delegation unguarded
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Seven policemen of the Elite Force of Pakistan's Punjab province have been suspended from service for leaving Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and his delegation unguarded while they went to have dinner at a reception here, officials said Friday.
The incident occurred when a group of businessmen hosted a dinner for Sukhbir and his 45-member delegation at the Royal Country Palm Club on Wednesday. The Elite Force policemen deputed to guard the Indian delegation rushed off to have dinner, leaving the Indian delegation unprotected. Punjab Police chief Haji Habibur Rehman had taken serious note of the "security lapse" and ordered an inquiry.