Pak suspends policemen for leaving Sukhbir delegation unguarded
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Seven policemen of the Elite Force of Pakistan's Punjab province have been suspended from service for leaving Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and his delegation unguarded while they went to have dinner at a reception here, officials said Friday.
The incident occurred when a group of businessmen hosted a dinner for Sukhbir and his 45-member delegation at the Royal Country Palm Club on Wednesday. The Elite Force policemen deputed to guard the Indian delegation rushed off to have dinner, leaving the Indian delegation unprotected. Punjab Police chief Haji Habibur Rehman had taken serious note of the "security lapse" and ordered an inquiry.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18