Pak troops shell Poonch with mortars, violate ceasefire twice
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Pakistani troops violated ceasefire twice after brutal and inhuman killings of two jawans in an ambush as they shelled and fired on Indian positions in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani troops fired mortars and rocket-propelled grenades on Indian posts in Nangitikri forward area of Krishnagati sector of Poonch district last night, a defence spokesman said on Wednesday.
The shelling of mortars continued for over half an hour, he said, adding Army troops guarding the borderline exercised calm and did not retaliate.
In another incident around 4 pm, Pakistani troops opened small arms firing on the Indian posts in Nangitikri forward area and it continued for over half an hour, spokesman said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing and shelling of mortar, he said.
The firing and shelling comes close on the heels of the gruesome attack in which Pak troops of 29 Baloch Regiment yesterday at 11.30 am ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers.
The attack took place along the Line of Control in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into the Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party. Besides killing two Lance Naiks, Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh, they also injured two other soldiers.
During the brutal assault on the patrol party, the Pakistanis are said to have chopped off their heads, one of which they carried with them and also took away their weapons.
As per the reports, the incidents took place between Indian posts of Chatri and Atma posts and opposite Burbad and Kri Pakistan posts.
There have been four ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir over past one week.
On January 6, Pakistani troops fired mortar rounds at Indian posts along the Indo-Pak border in Uri sector.
On January 4 also, Pakistani troops fired 3-4 mortar shells on Indian forward post in Nangitakri area in Mankote belt along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch, Defence spokesman said.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express