Pak warlord Mullah Nazir among 10 killed in US drone strike
In 2007, Nazir led a tribal 'lashkar' or militia and expelled Uzbek fighters from Wana.
But he was suspected of sheltering militants from other countries.
Nazir's group had also formed an alliance with a Taliban faction in North Waziristan led by Hafiz Gul Bahadar.
The two commanders formed the "Shura-e-Mujahideen" and declared Afghan Taliban commander Mullah Omar as their chief.
Security analysts said the killing of Nazir could prompt his fighters to launch attacks on Pakistani security forces.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan