Pak will disintegrate in 15-20 years: Experts
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Lt Gen (Retd) D B Shekatkar said on Friday that Pakistan will disintegrate in next 15-20 years. He was delivering a lecture on How Should India Respond to Pakistani Army's Killing of Indian Soldiers at LoC.
He was speaking at an event organised by Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS) of which Shekatkar is the president.
"At the given moment, there are 68 nations across the globe where war-like situation is prevalent. The worst sufferers of such circumstances are women and children. Through the forum we appeal to citizens that they should secure themselves. At the same time, a dialogue with the enemy is very important," Shekatkar said.
Sharing his views, Lt Gen (retd) V M Patil said, "It is the Army and the ISI that run Pakistan government. The western world has been engineering disintegration of Pakistan, which will happen sooner or later. The United States and the other western countries are interested in getting hold of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal that is in possession of the Pakistan Army. The day they acquire it, the US will drop Pakistan like a wet cloth. The Indian diplomacy should be able to handle China and US."
The lectures were followed by an interactive session.