Pak woman doctor 'kills' infant son by throwing him from roof
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
A Pakistani woman doctor allegedly killed her two-month-old son by throwing him from the rooftop of her house here after a quarrel with her husband, police said today.
Ali Raza, also a doctor, alleged that his wife Mehwish Noor threw their son Danish from the rooftop after a quarrel with him yesterday.
He said the boy was killed instantly.
Raza, a resident of Sabzazar in Lahore, told police that his wife had developed some psychological disorder.
Police arrested Noor and registered a murder case against her on the basis of a complaint filed by her husband.
Police officials said Raza had married Noor about two years ago.
On Sunday night, Noor had called a police helpline and claimed that her husband wanted to go to Britain without her.
She further said she feared that his parents would kill her in his absence.
Police officials said they were investigating Noor's claims.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi