Pakal Nakshatrangal: Pakal Nakshatrangal
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Producer : Chaya Films
Director : Rajeevnath
Writer: Anoop Menon
Mohanlal, Anoop Menon, Suresh Gopi, KB Venu, Lakshmi opalaswamy, Kalpana, Reena Basheer, Manianpillai Raju
Pakal Nakshatrangal comes from Rajeevnath, the maker of acclaimed films like Janani, Aham and Moksham and is the very sensitive story of Siddharthan (Mohanlal), a sensitive filmmaker who is already dead when the film begins. Siddharthan's death is in fact shrouded in mystery. He had fallen to his death from the second storey of a building. For Siddharthan's son Adi Narayanan (Anoop Menon), who is an acclaimed writer, his father and his mysterious death provides an interesting subject to go after. In fact, his new book, which he has finished writing, is based on his father's life and death. And now, he tells his wife Padma (Lakshmi Gopalaswamy) about the people he met as part of his unravelling his father's past. It's through this narration that Pakal Nakshatrangal develops into a plot. An interesting subject indeed, and rather bold too, that too by casting someone like Mohanlal in a rather deglamorised role with some negative shades too (Siddharthan had many women in his life and lived life on his own terms). Pakal Nakshatrangal is indeed a real different experience for the average Malayalam filmgoer. But the question is: Would an average Malayalam filmgoer go to see this movie?
Mohanlal is the perfect choice for the role of Siddharthan. Anoop Menon, who was appreciated much for his role in Thirakatha, is good as Adi. Suresh Gopi's performance as Dr.Vaidyanathan (who professes to communicate with the dead) is okay, but it seems that the ghosts of his umpteen cop characters follow him everywhere. Lakshmi Gopalaswamy is her usual self while Kalpana and Reena Basheer as the two women in the life of Siddharthan do justice to their respective roles. The rest of the cast is good. Of course the film deserves to be appreciated as a rather bold venture, but this kind of lag characteristic of an arty movie may deter people from coming in. The song Pakaruka nee is one of the highlights of the movie and would remain in memory. Anoop Menon has of course done a good job of the script, but he could have made it a bit more polished. Director Rajeevnath and he seem to have gone about their work with the presumption that they were making an off-beat, arty film and that it needed to have certain ingredients that suited this kind of a movie. Pakal Naks hatrangal is a movie that you should not miss.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express