Pakistan celebrate ODI series win over India
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
The people of Pakistan today celebrated a rare ODI series win over India by coming out on the streets to dance and cheer for their team as former players described the performance of the national side as one of the most clinical in recent times.
"Pakistan today completely outclassed India in every department of the game. And I would give full marks to young players like Nasir Jamshed, Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan who performed with such a big heart in front of a full house at the Eden Gardens, which is not easy even for a seasoned campaigner," former captain Rashid Latif said.
"People can't imagine the pressure that Pakistani players face when they are playing at big venues like Kolkata, Bangalore or Chennai. Only those with very strong nerves can still perform. That is why I give full credit to the younger players for their outstanding performances," he said.
Teenagers and children came out on the street to dance and celebrate with some also indulging in aerial firing to show their joy even though Pakistan observed the culmination of the Muharram today with mobile and cellular services suspended in all the major cities of the country.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: Modi’s multilateral moment
- The politics of peace
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner