'Pakistan Idol' to be launched
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: Jadeja double spells trouble for RR against CSK
'Pakistan Idol', a singing talent hunt show, will launch its first episode here tonight.
The first show will hit the airwaves at 9 pm, followed by another on Sunday on Geo Television channel.
Famous Pakistani television actress Bushra Ansari, female singers Hadiqa Kiani and renowned pop star Ali Azmat will judge the contestants aged between 15 to 30.
The auditions for the competition were held across the country in September and October.
"The biggest and ultimate singing platform now comes to Pakistan. The show that will have the whole nation singing," according to the Facebook page of Pakistan Idol, featuring over 56,000 likes.
Idol has worldwide attracted some 460 million viewers since it was first aired in Britain in 2001 as Pop Idol. It has also successfully run many seasons in India.
Geo Television is broadcasting the show in collaboration with the Fremantle Media, which owns the Idol brand of shows with 19 Entertainment.