Pakistan is like India's younger brother: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
Pakistan is like India's younger brother and if relations between the two neighbours improve,they will be super powers, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has said.
"Pakistan is like our younger brother. If we stand by each other, we will be super powers and no one can challenge us,"Yadav said while addressing convocation ceremony of a private university here yesterday.
He alleged the Centre was not taking efforts to improve relations between the two neighbours. The government was turning a blind eye to "negative" activities of China and only concentrating on Pakistan's "weaknesses", he said.
Addressing the gathering, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said the right combination of "triple E"- education, employment and energy - was the key to success.He said the government was planning to create infrastructure in the state with the help of investors.
UP Cabinet Minister Azam Khan, who also addressed the ceremony, said the state government was wrongly blamed for the stampede at Allahabad railway station."Railway station, where the tragedy occurred, was not under the state government," he said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi