Pakistan storms into semifinal of WC Kabaddi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Pakistan became the second nation after Iran to secure a place in semifinals of ongoing third Kabaddi World Cup, defeating Italy with a huge margin of 60-20 here today.
Three matches were played today at the Shri Guru Arjun Dev Stadium of Chohla Sahib in which Sierra Leone in men category and England in women category emerged victories apart from Pakistan.
With England's win in the women category in Pool B the situation become interesting as three teams in this pool now rest at same situation by winning one game each.
Pakistan on its way to the semifinals played three matches and remained invincible.
In another match in the men's section, Sierra Leone opened its account by defeating Scotland with a margin of 73-24.
The match in the women's category between England and USA witnessed the British side outsmarting the Americans with a margin of 50-28.