Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah's body to be airlifted from Chandigarh
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
The body of Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay will be airlifted today from Chandigarh and the postmortem report will be release by 3.30 pm.
Sanaullah, who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail and admitted to PGIMER in Chandigarh, died this morning.
52-year-old Sanaullah was airlifted from Jammu to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on Friday. A PGI spokesman said that it was a case of death in custody.
A resident of Sialkot in Pakistan, Sanuallah was serving a life term after he was convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
Earlier, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said the body of Sanaullah will be handed over to Pakistan.
Shinde said the Ministry of External Affairs is coordinating with the Pakistani authorities to complete the formalities to send back his body home. "Once the formalities are done, we will hand over the body," he said. (With PTI inputs)
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready