Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah's body to be airlifted from Chandigarh
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The body of Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay will be airlifted today from Chandigarh and the postmortem report will be release by 3.30 pm.
Sanaullah, who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail and admitted to PGIMER in Chandigarh, died this morning.
52-year-old Sanaullah was airlifted from Jammu to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on Friday. A PGI spokesman said that it was a case of death in custody.
A resident of Sialkot in Pakistan, Sanuallah was serving a life term after he was convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
Earlier, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said the body of Sanaullah will be handed over to Pakistan.
Shinde said the Ministry of External Affairs is coordinating with the Pakistani authorities to complete the formalities to send back his body home. "Once the formalities are done, we will hand over the body," he said. (With PTI inputs)