Pakistan's highest scorers with bat and ball to get Rs 500,000
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari today announced an award of Rs 500,000 to the highest Pakistani run scorers in each of the three cricket matches won by the country's cricket team in India.
Zardari also announced an award of Rs 500,000 for the highest Pakistani wicket takers in each of matches, presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar said.
Having won the first two ties in the three match series, Pakistan has already pocketed the ODI series on their India tour, that marks the resumption of cricketing ties between the arch rivals after the Mumbai terror attacks on 2008.
Earlier Pakistan beat Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men in the first T20 played on the tour, but India levelled the series by winning the second T20.