Pallavi Purkayastha murder: Accused denies rape attempt
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
A 22-year-old watchman accused of murdering city lawyer Pallavi Purkayastha rubbished Tuesday the prosecution charge that he attempted to rape the victim.
Last month, the prosecution had submitted a draft chargesheet against Sajjad Mughal, accusing him of attempting to rape Pallavi, also an advisor to filmmaker Farhan Akhtar's firm Excel Entertainment.
"Mughal could have gone to Purkayastha's house to commit robbery, but he had no intention of raping her," his advocate Wahab Khan argued.