Panchkula to host cricket championship
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A total of 16 teams, including those from 13 different states of the country, as well as from the three countries of Bangladesh, Dubai and Afghanistan will take part in a cricket championship at the international cricket stadium in Panchkula from May 9.
Education Minister of Haryana, Geeta Bhukkal, will be the chief guest on the occasion of the 19th All India Chaudhary Ranvir Singh Hudda Memorial Cricket Championship organised by the Cricket Federation of Haryana.
Chakarvarti Sharma, vice president of the Cricket Federation of India and Chairman, Haryan Tourism Corporation, said that the Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Ram Kishan Gujjar, and MLA, Panchkula, D K Bansal, will be the guests of honour on the occasion.
He said that the chief Minister of Haryana, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, will be the chief guest on the occasion of the closing ceremony on May 12. MLA Panchkula, D K Bansal, has appreciated the activities of the Cricket Federation of Haryana. He said that the different schemes of the government of Haryana for the welfare of sportspersons are popular. Amarjit Kumar, general secretaryof the Cricket Federation of Haryana said that 13 teams from across the country will participate.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties