Panchkula to host cricket championship
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A total of 16 teams, including those from 13 different states of the country, as well as from the three countries of Bangladesh, Dubai and Afghanistan will take part in a cricket championship at the international cricket stadium in Panchkula from May 9.
Education Minister of Haryana, Geeta Bhukkal, will be the chief guest on the occasion of the 19th All India Chaudhary Ranvir Singh Hudda Memorial Cricket Championship organised by the Cricket Federation of Haryana.
Chakarvarti Sharma, vice president of the Cricket Federation of India and Chairman, Haryan Tourism Corporation, said that the Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Ram Kishan Gujjar, and MLA, Panchkula, D K Bansal, will be the guests of honour on the occasion.
He said that the chief Minister of Haryana, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, will be the chief guest on the occasion of the closing ceremony on May 12. MLA Panchkula, D K Bansal, has appreciated the activities of the Cricket Federation of Haryana. He said that the different schemes of the government of Haryana for the welfare of sportspersons are popular. Amarjit Kumar, general secretaryof the Cricket Federation of Haryana said that 13 teams from across the country will participate.