Panchkula to host cricket championship
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
A total of 16 teams, including those from 13 different states of the country, as well as from the three countries of Bangladesh, Dubai and Afghanistan will take part in a cricket championship at the international cricket stadium in Panchkula from May 9.
Education Minister of Haryana, Geeta Bhukkal, will be the chief guest on the occasion of the 19th All India Chaudhary Ranvir Singh Hudda Memorial Cricket Championship organised by the Cricket Federation of Haryana.
Chakarvarti Sharma, vice president of the Cricket Federation of India and Chairman, Haryan Tourism Corporation, said that the Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Ram Kishan Gujjar, and MLA, Panchkula, D K Bansal, will be the guests of honour on the occasion.
He said that the chief Minister of Haryana, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, will be the chief guest on the occasion of the closing ceremony on May 12. MLA Panchkula, D K Bansal, has appreciated the activities of the Cricket Federation of Haryana. He said that the different schemes of the government of Haryana for the welfare of sportspersons are popular. Amarjit Kumar, general secretaryof the Cricket Federation of Haryana said that 13 teams from across the country will participate.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies