Pandemonium in J-K Assembly over LPG cap
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Pandemonium broke out in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Wednesday as Opposition PDP and BJP demanded suspension of question hour to discuss the problems caused by cap on LPG cylinders.
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone urged the Opposition to allow the question hour proceedings after which the LPG crisis will be discussed.
Lone said he has admitted the adjournment motions moved by PDP, National Panthers Party and CPI(M) MLA M Y Tarigami but discussion would be held only after question hour.
However, as the Opposition did not relent, the Speaker suspended the business of house and discussions were allowed on LPG crisis.
Earlier, BJP and NPP MLAs staged a protest outside the Assembly entrance against the LPG cap and hike in fuel prices.
The MLAs demanded that state Governor N N Vohra should dismiss the state government.
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- At Dangs Darbar, tribal kings complain of neglect, apathy
- In a first, Centre asks NGO to monitor teacher education
- New high for TV news: Anchor announces news dept going on strike
- Pawar, Chavan to launch NCP-Cong poll campaign in Pune on March 18
- Gurgaon has highest number of young voters in Haryana