Panel recommends Bhendi Bazaar redevelopment for environmental nod
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Currently, SBUT has commenced work on shifting the project-affected people to plush transit camps in Mazgaon and Byculla and demolishing buildings in a cluster.
Bhendi Bazaar redevelopment will transform the 200-year-old market into a planned neighbourhood of swanky highrises.
The redevelopment project, being undertaken by Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust (SBUT), will contain eight clusters of buildings for 20,000-odd residents