Panel suggests sops to preserve private heritage buildings
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Other notable incentives recommended include creation of special economic zones and special planning zones for free trade in heritage precincts, concessional interest rates on loans to such properties and tax deductions for trusts and charitable institutions donating money to such properties.
The recommendations do not include punitive action against those owners who fail to preserve heritage buildings and make wanton alterations in their properties.