Panel suggests sops to preserve private heritage buildings
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Other notable incentives recommended include creation of special economic zones and special planning zones for free trade in heritage precincts, concessional interest rates on loans to such properties and tax deductions for trusts and charitable institutions donating money to such properties.
The recommendations do not include punitive action against those owners who fail to preserve heritage buildings and make wanton alterations in their properties.