Panel to resolve pending deemed conveyance cases
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
The state government has decided to form coordination committee under district collectors to assist deputy registrars and housing societies in resolving pending cases of deemed conveyance.
A special drive from December 15, 2012, to June 30, 2013, will ensure deemed conveyance of all housing societies in the state is completed.
The committees to be set up in each of the 35 districts will also comprise district deputy registrars, joint registrars and collectors of stamps, suprintendents of land records, district information officers, municipal commissioners and CEOs of municipal councils.
District collectors will convene committee meetings every month to review applications for deemed conveyance and discuss cases resolved and pending.
The committees will also devote time for redressal of grievances and complaints and report every month to housing, forest and cooperation departments.