Pan-India Artistic Display
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut short
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
The Society Collection, a three-day exhibition of art, design and style, will be held at The Westin, Koregaon Park, from February 1 onwards. A variety of handicrafts and artefacts by artisans from Bastar, Jaipur, Lucknow, Agra, Dahod, Kutch, Bhilai, Muzzafarnagar, Kalpi, Chittorgarh, Assam, Odisha, Himachal Pradesh, Puducherry and West Bengal will be on display to represent the artistic ingenuity of the country. The creations also consist of ethnic and Indo-western designer wear, traditional and contemporary jewellery, pottery, paintings, linen, murals, floral arrangements, handcrafted leather, embroidered saris, stained glass, ceramic wares, gemstone paintings, marble artefacts, sculptures, handmade stationary, candles, carpets, hair accessories, gift boxes and more.
New Realms of Spirituality
Guru krupanjan payo mere bhai," sings Meeta Shah with devotion in her recently-released album Krupanjan. The album of 11 tracks, which is dedicated to Dada J P Vaswani, was released by him at the Sadhu Vaswani Mission. Shah's quest for touching divine powers is rendered in a variation of tones and compositions while flautist Ronu Mujumdar gives a soothing accompaniment. In her track Atra aur tatra, Shah sings the different names and forms of God to display truth and shun violence in this aggressive world. Another track Amulya Vichar, written by Mahatma Gandhi's spiritual guide Shrimad Rajchandraji, urges listeners towards retrospection and introspection.
On a High Note
The High cookout this week at High Spirts cafe will feature Carius and Tripshot Crew on Sunday. While Carius' performances on the turntable feature subversive sounds with an emphasis on drum and bass, TripShot Crew is an electronic band that works primarily with experimental music and EDM (electronic dance music). They will perform from 2pm onwards at High Spirits cafe.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today