Panipat property dealer held for murder
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
A Panipat-based property dealer and two of his associates have been arrested for allegedly shooting dead a 23-year-old woman in Karnal district on Monday. While two were held on Monday evening, one was arrested on Tuesday.
Police said the woman and her brother were returning home to Phaphdana village, when the three blocked their path, with a sports utility vehicle, near Mor Majra village in Karnal district.
The accused — property dealer Rajesh, a resident of Balla village, his employee Ravinder Kumar and Ravinder's brother Jitender — then had a heated argument with the woman and her brother before Rajesh allegedly took out a weapon and shot the woman from point blank range, leaving her dead.