Panipat property dealer held for murder
- Bihar polls: EC issues notice to Rahul Gandhi, Amit Shah, Lalu Yadav
- Meet PM and give suggestions, don't return your awards: Rajnath
- Bihar elections: 57.59 per cent turnout in fourth phase, voting peaceful
- Modi has been worst victim of ideological intolerance: Arun Jaitley
- Indian police team reaches Bali to get Chhota Rajan deported
A Panipat-based property dealer and two of his associates have been arrested for allegedly shooting dead a 23-year-old woman in Karnal district on Monday. While two were held on Monday evening, one was arrested on Tuesday.
Police said the woman and her brother were returning home to Phaphdana village, when the three blocked their path, with a sports utility vehicle, near Mor Majra village in Karnal district.
The accused — property dealer Rajesh, a resident of Balla village, his employee Ravinder Kumar and Ravinder's brother Jitender — then had a heated argument with the woman and her brother before Rajesh allegedly took out a weapon and shot the woman from point blank range, leaving her dead.