Panipat property dealer held for murder
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A Panipat-based property dealer and two of his associates have been arrested for allegedly shooting dead a 23-year-old woman in Karnal district on Monday. While two were held on Monday evening, one was arrested on Tuesday.
Police said the woman and her brother were returning home to Phaphdana village, when the three blocked their path, with a sports utility vehicle, near Mor Majra village in Karnal district.
The accused — property dealer Rajesh, a resident of Balla village, his employee Ravinder Kumar and Ravinder's brother Jitender — then had a heated argument with the woman and her brother before Rajesh allegedly took out a weapon and shot the woman from point blank range, leaving her dead.
According to the police, both Rajesh and the victim had developed intimate relations. During interrogation, Rajesh told police that the victim was pressurising him to divorce his wife, leave his children and marry her, and had begun blackmailing him. He then allegedly decided to kill her.