Pankaj Advani creates history, enters pre-quarters of Welsh Open
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
What looked like a one-sided affair in favour of Advani turned out to be a cracker. The Englishman gathered enough momentum to tip the odds in his favour entering into the seventh frame but it was Advani who used his billiards prowess to make Murphy commit mistakes and concede points through fouls.
Advani then hit the final nail in the coffin with a well-crafted 36 break before Murphy surrendered the match at 64-15.
The commentary team was all praise for Advani's display of world class snooker being a billiards expert. This is Advani's first professional season.
Advani had defeated former world champion Peter Ebdon 4-3 to enter the draw of 32 in the Welsh Open.
Earlier this season, he defeated some of the big names in the Pro circuit like Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Nigel Bond, Alan McManus, Michael Holt, Mark King, Ryan Day and John Higgins to stamp his authority on the professional snooker world.
In the past, two-time Asian champion Yasin merchant had qualified for the Round of 32 in the Welsh Open during his stint on the professional circuit.
Scores: 75 (39)-15, 10-100 (71), 121 (121)-9, 72 (51)-13,