Pantaloon Retail and Future Ventures India to demerge fashion biz
- Elections LIVE: BJP fields Advani from Gandhinagar despite resistance, Modi to contest from Vadodara too
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: India recieves fresh search request from Malaysian authorities
- Sino-Indian war report: Govt advocated caution, Army dictated policy that was militarily unsound
- No intention to invade other regions, much less other nations: Putin
- BJP pits V K Singh against Ilmi, Babbar in Rajnathâs Ghaziabad
India's Pantaloon Retail and Future Ventures India will demerge their fashion businesses into a new listed unit that will simplify the businesses into three main segments, the two companies said late on Friday.
Under the restructuring, all fashion brands, currently held by Pantaloon Retail and group firm Future Ventures will be transferred to Future Fashion, along with debt of 12.26 billion rupees.
Pantaloon Retail shareholders will get one share of Future Fashions for every three held, while Future Ventures shareholders will get 2 shares of the new entity for every 31 held.
"We grew multiple formats in the early stages of our growth, and now as each one of them has become sizeable, we are giving them independence to propel their growth", Kishore Biyani, CEO of Future Group, said in the statement.
The company will also seek shareholder approval to raise 15 billion rupees through public or private offerings of shares.
Earlier this year, Aditya Birla Nuvo, part of the Aditya Birla conglomerate, agreed to buy a controlling stake in Pantaloons Format clothing brand and retail chain to help cut its debt.
- Panel asks cops to probe if board staff was involved in SSC exam paper leak
- Girl who lost hands in mishap may get hi-tech prosthetic limbs
- ‘ISI’s Pasha knew where Osama hid, Lashkar’s Saeed was in touch with him’
- Reserve Bank allows more banks to import gold
- Govt ban on construction near Arthur Rd jail to hit SRA projects
- Six file nominations, pace yet to pick up