Pantaloon Retail and Future Ventures India to demerge fashion biz
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
India's Pantaloon Retail and Future Ventures India will demerge their fashion businesses into a new listed unit that will simplify the businesses into three main segments, the two companies said late on Friday.
Under the restructuring, all fashion brands, currently held by Pantaloon Retail and group firm Future Ventures will be transferred to Future Fashion, along with debt of 12.26 billion rupees.
Pantaloon Retail shareholders will get one share of Future Fashions for every three held, while Future Ventures shareholders will get 2 shares of the new entity for every 31 held.
"We grew multiple formats in the early stages of our growth, and now as each one of them has become sizeable, we are giving them independence to propel their growth", Kishore Biyani, CEO of Future Group, said in the statement.
The company will also seek shareholder approval to raise 15 billion rupees through public or private offerings of shares.
Earlier this year, Aditya Birla Nuvo, part of the Aditya Birla conglomerate, agreed to buy a controlling stake in Pantaloons Format clothing brand and retail chain to help cut its debt.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar