'Pantsuit aficionado' Hillary Clinton enters Twitter fray
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Hillary Clinton made a lighthearted Twitter debut today, poking fun at her own image and fueling speculation about what the future holds for the former secretary of state.
The @HillaryClinton account was verified by Twitter within hours of coming online, and the potential future presidential candidate quickly gained more than 100,000 followers.
But, like much of what she has done in recent months, Clinton's profile summary tantalisingly left open her future plans. The brief profile with which Twitter users introduce themselves noted Clinton's former roles, as wife of former state governor and president Bill Clinton, as First Lady of Arkansas and of the US.
But she also had fun with her public image, dubbing herself a "hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, glass ceiling cracker" and ending with a wink at her presumed presidential ambitions: "TBD" to be determined.
Poll after poll shows Clinton as the top Democratic frontrunner in the 2016 presidential election should she decide to run, but she has refused to divulge her plans. A few hours after the account went online, Clinton had posted a single tweet, expressing gratitude to Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe, the pranksters responsible for a popular satirical website "Texts from Hillary". "Thanks for the inspiration @ASmith83 & @Sllambe – I'll take it from here," she wrote.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today