Parambrata plays a doctor in 'Traffic'
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Director Rajesh Pillai has confirmed that Parambrata Chatterjee will play the role of the doctor in the Hindi remake of his Malayalam superhit film Traffic which released in 2011. Set to go on floors in the second week of July this year, the film has Manoj Bajpayee in the role of a constable and Prosenjeet as a superstar.
He stated that the actors for the role of a TV journalist and City Police Commissioner have not been finalised yet. Written by Suresh Nair, the film has dialogue by Piyush Mishra. Pillai stated that music composer Mithoon Sharma has already recorded three songs for the film which is to be shot entirely on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and Hyderabad.
A thriller, it intertwines many stories thus leading to one particular incident that actually happened in Chennai, Traffic is the first Malayalam film to adopt a multi-narrative structure.