Parambrata plays a doctor in 'Traffic'
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Director Rajesh Pillai has confirmed that Parambrata Chatterjee will play the role of the doctor in the Hindi remake of his Malayalam superhit film Traffic which released in 2011. Set to go on floors in the second week of July this year, the film has Manoj Bajpayee in the role of a constable and Prosenjeet as a superstar.
He stated that the actors for the role of a TV journalist and City Police Commissioner have not been finalised yet. Written by Suresh Nair, the film has dialogue by Piyush Mishra. Pillai stated that music composer Mithoon Sharma has already recorded three songs for the film which is to be shot entirely on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and Hyderabad.
A thriller, it intertwines many stories thus leading to one particular incident that actually happened in Chennai, Traffic is the first Malayalam film to adopt a multi-narrative structure.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment