Parambrata plays a doctor in 'Traffic'
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
Director Rajesh Pillai has confirmed that Parambrata Chatterjee will play the role of the doctor in the Hindi remake of his Malayalam superhit film Traffic which released in 2011. Set to go on floors in the second week of July this year, the film has Manoj Bajpayee in the role of a constable and Prosenjeet as a superstar.
He stated that the actors for the role of a TV journalist and City Police Commissioner have not been finalised yet. Written by Suresh Nair, the film has dialogue by Piyush Mishra. Pillai stated that music composer Mithoon Sharma has already recorded three songs for the film which is to be shot entirely on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and Hyderabad.
A thriller, it intertwines many stories thus leading to one particular incident that actually happened in Chennai, Traffic is the first Malayalam film to adopt a multi-narrative structure.