Parents held for forcing daughter to have sex with creditor
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Three people including a couple have been booked by the police for allegedly forcing a teenage girl to have sex with a male as repayment of a loan they had availed sometime ago.
The incident came to light following a complaint by the school administration to a local NGO which took the girl's case to the police.
The father of the 16-year-old victim, studying in the eighth standard had taken a loan of Rs 50,000 sometime ago, the police said.
After the couple could not repay the loan, they asked the creditor to have sexual relations with their teenage daughter in lieu of the repayment of the loan.
The accused, Nisar Khan (40), readily accepted the same and enjoyed a sexual relationship with the girl for two years.
The depressed girl who suffered sexual assault when even her mother was a party to it, was totally indifferent in school and after a probe by school teachers, the incident came to light.
Fearing police action, the couple packed off their daughter to Uttar Pradesh from where she was brought back by the police, which nabbed her father and mother, though Khan is still at large.
The police said that the three have been booked under Sections 376, 354, 504 and 506 read with Section 34 of the Indian Penal Code.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?