Parikrama, Coke Studio to perform on final day of PEC Fest
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Govt confirms: US snooped on India emails
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
- UP shuts reserve forest as it hosts Sahara chief Subrata Roy
Preparations are in full swing at PEC University of Technology for their upcoming three-day BSNL PEC Fest, 2013, scheduled to begin from November 8.
With just a week left, students of the university are getting popular artists to perform on the occasion.
"The special events named as the Groovz and Glitterati, Rock Nite and Star Night have been officially signed up by various officials representing the performers," said a student.
An event called 'Groovz and Glitterati' will be held on the first day of the fest where a pageant hunt will be organised in association with Femina Miss India.
A number of dance groups and bhangra teams from various colleges will also perform as part of the event. The top three contestants in the auditions will also get a direct entry into the finals of the regional auditions, while the judge for the contest will be Vanya Mishra, winner of Miss India 2012, also an alumnus of the university.
Parikrama, a popular band known as the Father of Indian Rock music, will perform on the second day of the fest in the event called Rock-Nite. The band is also the only Indian Rock band recognized by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
To add to the celebrations, MTV Coke Studio will perform live on November 10, 2013, the last day of the PEC fest.
"Coke Studio not only promises to bring in its talented artistes, Clinton Cerejo and Nooran Sisters and their likes coming, but also brings in its extremely efficient crew members who will organise the entire night. The final day not only promises good music, but a great atmosphere as well," said a student organiser.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today