Parliament: Debate on Lokpal Bill fails to start, RS adjourned after uproar by SP
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
3.40pm: Parliament adjourned for the day.
2.40pm: Debate on Lokpal Bill fails to start as Rajya Sabha adjourned till 3.30 pm after uproar by Samajwadi Party.
1.30pm: BSP chief Mayawati said her party supports the Lokpal Bill and demanded that the government should ensure its passage in the ongoing session of Parliament.
"Our party is not against the Lokpal Bill. If there is any need for changes in it, it should be done in public interest. But this Bill should not be stalled and there should be a debate on the issue and it should be passed in this session itself," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
1.00pm: The Lok Sabha was on Friday adjourned till Monday following the uproar by members on various issues.
As soon as the Lower House resumed after being adjourned twice, the members created ruckus on several issues including removal of Justice A K Ganguly from WBHRC chief's post.
The House witnessed disruption as soon as it met for the day and similar was the scene when it reassembled at noon after the first adjournment.
The issue of separate Telangana dominated the uproar with members of TDP and YSR Congress trooping into the Well and raising slogans opposing division of Andhra Pradesh.
12.12pm: Amidst uncertainty over the continuation of the Winter Session, Lokpal Bill was tabled in Rajya Sabha on Friday.
Tabling the amended bill, Minister of State for Personnel V Narayanasamy sought the cooperation of the House in its passage.
However, the bill could not be taken up for consideration as the House was not in order with members from SP and TDP shouting slogans in the Well against price rise and bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh respectively.
As the din continued, the discussion on the bill could not take place as the Chair adjourned the House till 2.30 PM.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid