Parliamentary panel raps Tea Board on unscrupulous exports
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce has criticised the Tea Board for failing to check unscrupulous exporters importing cheap tea and re-exporting under false certificate as Tea of Indian Origin.
The panel, which laid down its 102nd report on "Performance of the Plantation Sector - Tea and Coffee Industry" in Parliament recently, said: "The committee is gravely concerned over the unpreparedness of the department (read the ministry and Tea Board) to deal with unscrupulous exporters importing cheap tea from other countries and re-exporting it without any significant value addition under the false certificate as Tea of Indian Origin".