Part 2 post script, Dabang style
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Come December 21 and it would be back to movies, Dabangg style. The buzz around the film is getting stronger and the fact that this would be superstar Salman Khan's second film this year is not dampening anyone's enthusiasm.
Often film-makers do not realise how what seems like a regular masala film can be a trendsetter and if it stands the test of time, even a landmark cinematic work. However, to achieve that tag, it first has to break or at least bend a few rules and surprise the audience.
Every few years or so, along comes a film that by its style, technique, subject or presentation; or all of the above, shapes and moulds popular choices. Among the notable names that made it to this category in the last decade and half-it would have to be Rangeela, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Satya, Company, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Munnabhai, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Jism, Black, Maqbool, Khosla Ka Ghosla, DevD and Dabangg that would fall into the trendsetter category for recent times.
The curiosity around Dabangg, which tweaked the 70s formula of a hero that sets right the chinks in the system. is testimony to the fact that this particular category stands apart from the successful and 'good' (even though usually, they are also good and successful)in that they break new ground.
Over the last two years, the film has spawned several clones dishing out a clever mix of action and comedy anchored by a somewhat imperfect protagonist. Keeping the scales finely balanced between the old and new therefore would have been a daunting task, something that both director Arbaaz Khan and Salman Khan have acknowledged. The silver lining to this creative conundrum is that often times it creates a dire need for innovation and departure from its earlier path.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun