Partial BJP list may be out on Monday
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
BJP will announce on Monday a partial list of its candidates, at least 20 of them, for the first phase of polls due on December 13.
The full list for the first phase will be declared by November 23, a day ahead of the last date of filing nominations.
Several ministers from Saurashtra region may find their names in the first list. While national BJP's vice-president Purshottam Rupala is unlikely to contest this time, Finance Minister Vajubhai Vala, Vasuben Trivedi, Kanubhai Bhalala and Mohanbhai Kundaria could be fielded, say party sources.
For BJP, the focus will be on Saurashtra region. The ruling party also faces a problem in Bhavnagar's Mahuva constituency, where its rebel MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria is in no mood to compromise with the official BJP leadership. Kalsaria may field independent candidates in some constituencies of the area.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape