Partial BJP list may be out on Monday
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
BJP will announce on Monday a partial list of its candidates, at least 20 of them, for the first phase of polls due on December 13.
The full list for the first phase will be declared by November 23, a day ahead of the last date of filing nominations.
Several ministers from Saurashtra region may find their names in the first list. While national BJP's vice-president Purshottam Rupala is unlikely to contest this time, Finance Minister Vajubhai Vala, Vasuben Trivedi, Kanubhai Bhalala and Mohanbhai Kundaria could be fielded, say party sources.
For BJP, the focus will be on Saurashtra region. The ruling party also faces a problem in Bhavnagar's Mahuva constituency, where its rebel MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria is in no mood to compromise with the official BJP leadership. Kalsaria may field independent candidates in some constituencies of the area.
State BJP spokesperson I K Jadeja said all the names would be announced by November 23.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18