Partly-burnt body of 25-yr-old found at uncle’s house
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The Aligarh police found partly-burnt body of a 25-year-old youth, Rakesh Kumar, from an under-construction house in Kwarsi locality on Sunday. The house belongs to Rakesh's uncle Subhash.
Rakesh, who was pursuing graduation from Varshney Degree College, was staying in the house along with his cousin Ajeet. The police said Rakesh was alone in the house when the incident took place.
Acting Station Officer of Kwarsi Vinod Kumar said after Rakesh was first killed and then an attempt was made to burn the body by pouring kerosene on it and setting it on fire. The body was around 60 per cent burnt. "We believe acid was also used for burning but the picture would be clear after the post mortem examination report", said Vinod Kumar.
He said the matter came to light when one of the neighbours visited the house for some work and found the half-burnt body lying inside.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express