Partly-burnt body of 25-yr-old found at uncle’s house
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
The Aligarh police found partly-burnt body of a 25-year-old youth, Rakesh Kumar, from an under-construction house in Kwarsi locality on Sunday. The house belongs to Rakesh's uncle Subhash.
Rakesh, who was pursuing graduation from Varshney Degree College, was staying in the house along with his cousin Ajeet. The police said Rakesh was alone in the house when the incident took place.
Acting Station Officer of Kwarsi Vinod Kumar said after Rakesh was first killed and then an attempt was made to burn the body by pouring kerosene on it and setting it on fire. The body was around 60 per cent burnt. "We believe acid was also used for burning but the picture would be clear after the post mortem examination report", said Vinod Kumar.
He said the matter came to light when one of the neighbours visited the house for some work and found the half-burnt body lying inside.