Parveez Rasool should play for India only when he deserves it: Omar Abdullah
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has said that Parveez Rasool, the promising all-rounder from the state, should play for the Indian cricket team only when the national selectors think he merits a place.
"Parvez Rasool should play for Team India when the selectors think he deserves to be there. Don't destroy everything he's worked this way," Abdullah wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Rasool, who has been the highest run-getter as well as wicket-taker for his home side in the recently concluded Ranji season, dished out an impressive performance by bagging seven wickets for Board President's XI in a warm-up game against Australia.
Rasool's good performances led to calls from many quarters for his selection in the national team.
"It's insulting to Parvez and his entire life-long effort and it's insulting to the people of Kashmir who don't need artificially created icons," the chief minister said.