Passenger gets violent, assaults air hostess on board Mumbai-Delhi IndiGo flight
- Congress demands 'unqualified apology' from Swaraj for charges against Rajiv Gandhi
- Naved a Pakistani, enough evidence to prove it: NIA
- PM Modi to NDA MPs: 'Expose Congress, they want to save family, we want to save country'
- Rahul immature, Congress' act in Parliament a lesson for India: Jaitley
- Maggi ban quashed, Bombay HC orders fresh testing of noodle samples
An unruly passenger onboard an IndiGo flight from Mumbai allegedly got violent and created ruckus in the aircraft, forcing authorities to handed him over to security officials when the plane landed at the IGI airport here on Wednesday.
The passenger, identified as Mohammed Muslim Sheikh, had boarded the IndiGo flight (6E196) from Mumbai but suddenly got violent and started screaming and shouting and physically assaulted an air hostess onboard, sources said.
He also tried to move forward in the plane but was restrained by the crew and fellow passengers till the aircraft landed at the airport here.
Cabin crew also took security measures to block his access to the front of the aircraft, they said.
In the meantime, the pilot-in-command informed the airport authorities and requested for the security personnel on arrival of the flight.
After the aircraft landed at the IGI airport, the man was deplaned and handed over to the CISF.