Passenger gets violent, assaults air hostess on board Mumbai-Delhi IndiGo flight
- With Air Force flypast, Republic Day parade concludes at Rajpath
- Republic Day celebrations pass off peacefully in Kashmir
- India, France talk tough on terror, stuck on Rafale price
- Continue to complain, rebel, demand, President Pranab Mukherjee tells nation
- Tamil Nadu suicides: College owner turns herself in
An unruly passenger onboard an IndiGo flight from Mumbai allegedly got violent and created ruckus in the aircraft, forcing authorities to handed him over to security officials when the plane landed at the IGI airport here on Wednesday.
The passenger, identified as Mohammed Muslim Sheikh, had boarded the IndiGo flight (6E196) from Mumbai but suddenly got violent and started screaming and shouting and physically assaulted an air hostess onboard, sources said.
He also tried to move forward in the plane but was restrained by the crew and fellow passengers till the aircraft landed at the airport here.
Cabin crew also took security measures to block his access to the front of the aircraft, they said.
In the meantime, the pilot-in-command informed the airport authorities and requested for the security personnel on arrival of the flight.
After the aircraft landed at the IGI airport, the man was deplaned and handed over to the CISF.
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU
- Why the proposal to build a new Parliament building is a bit jolting
- AIR’s decision to share its rich archives through an online radio station is welcome
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?