Passenger gets violent, assaults air hostess on board Mumbai-Delhi IndiGo flight
An unruly passenger onboard an IndiGo flight from Mumbai allegedly got violent and created ruckus in the aircraft, forcing authorities to handed him over to security officials when the plane landed at the IGI airport here on Wednesday.
The passenger, identified as Mohammed Muslim Sheikh, had boarded the IndiGo flight (6E196) from Mumbai but suddenly got violent and started screaming and shouting and physically assaulted an air hostess onboard, sources said.
He also tried to move forward in the plane but was restrained by the crew and fellow passengers till the aircraft landed at the airport here.
Cabin crew also took security measures to block his access to the front of the aircraft, they said.
In the meantime, the pilot-in-command informed the airport authorities and requested for the security personnel on arrival of the flight.
After the aircraft landed at the IGI airport, the man was deplaned and handed over to the CISF.
Confirming the incident, an IndiGo spokesperson said, "IndiGo is in the process of lodging a FIR with the police and IndiGo shall assist the security agencies in their investigation."
- RTI reveals ‘flaws’ in preparation of poll rolls
- Post poll, parties do seat maths
- Cops speak for Pawar: ‘He didn’t threaten voters’
- Industrial bodies announce boycott of Bains
- EC issues notices to Bittu, Ayali
- Punjab dairy board asks for Rs 1.4 lakh for 70,000-page RTI reply, later delivers a few 100 pages ‘free of cost’