Passenger gets violent, assaults air hostess on board Mumbai-Delhi IndiGo flight
- Elections 2014 LIVE: TMC calls IIM graduates to write blogs for the party; SP, BJP hand in glove in communalising elections, says Beni Prasad
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: Asian giants battle it out for T20 supremacy
An unruly passenger onboard an IndiGo flight from Mumbai allegedly got violent and created ruckus in the aircraft, forcing authorities to handed him over to security officials when the plane landed at the IGI airport here on Wednesday.
The passenger, identified as Mohammed Muslim Sheikh, had boarded the IndiGo flight (6E196) from Mumbai but suddenly got violent and started screaming and shouting and physically assaulted an air hostess onboard, sources said.
He also tried to move forward in the plane but was restrained by the crew and fellow passengers till the aircraft landed at the airport here.
Cabin crew also took security measures to block his access to the front of the aircraft, they said.
In the meantime, the pilot-in-command informed the airport authorities and requested for the security personnel on arrival of the flight.
After the aircraft landed at the IGI airport, the man was deplaned and handed over to the CISF.
Confirming the incident, an IndiGo spokesperson said, "IndiGo is in the process of lodging a FIR with the police and IndiGo shall assist the security agencies in their investigation."
- Rahul slams BJP over corruption and communalism
- BJP welcomes tacit support of DMK chief's son Alagiri
- Ram temple matter of faith for BJP; focus on development issues: Uma Bharti
- Congress policies promoting growth of communal forces: Sitaram Yechury
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death