Passing out Parade of 106 BEC at INS Shivaji
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
A glittering parade marked the passing out of 25 officers of the 106 Basic Engineering Course (BEC), including 15 Sri Lankan Navy Officers, from INS Shivaji, Lonavla, on Saturday. Vice Admiral SPS Cheema, Commander-in-Chief, Strategic Forces Command inspected the guard of honour and reviewed the parade. The parade marked the culmination of the B Tech Curriculum at the Naval College of Engineering.
"A valedictory function was held to mark the graduation of officers of the 106 Basic Engineering Course from the portals of the Naval College of Engineering. Vice Admiral Cheema awarded the degree certificates to the officers. Lieutenant Mayank Gupta of 106 th Basic Engineering Course was awarded the trophy for standing first in overall Order of Merit while Lieutenant Hari Prasad bagged the trophy for first in academics with 86.2 per cent. The Best Sportsman Trophy was awarded to Lieutenant Manas Piyush," stated a press release issued by the Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Defence.