Paswan demands arrest of Nandy for OBC, SC & ST remarks
- IAF evacuates over 2,500 from Nepal; 250 feared missing after landslide
- 4,000 people, mostly Indians, to reach India in 80 buses tonight
- Nepal PM Koirala puts toll at 10,000, says rescue ops not effective
- There is no gag order on PM when abroad: Jaitley on row over Modi’s comment
- Bihar hospital puts 'Bhukamp' stickers on patients injured in the earthquake
Lokjanshakti Party President Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday said that the statement by author Ashis Nandy on OBC, SC and ST reflected his 'mental bankruptcy' and demanded his immediate arrest.
"The remarks of Nandy that people belonging to OBC, SC and ST communities are the most corrupt reflects his mental bankruptcy," Paswan said in a statement and demanded registration of a case against the author under the SC & ST Act.
The LJP chief, who is at present a member of the Rajya Sabha, said the weaker sections have been hurt by the irresponsible comments by Nandi at ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival.