Pataudi a dashing, daring captain: PM
- Nitish, Lalu hit back, say Modi has insulted Bihar with 'BIMARU' comment
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba attacked again, this time during anti-drug drive
- All 67 AAP MLAs are ready to work from Tihar: Kejriwal to Modi
- Sonia Gandhi accuses Modi govt of diluting tribal land rights
- Two militants killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara district
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today condoled the death of former captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi calling him an iconic figure who had brought a new confidence to the Indian cricket scene.
"I am distressed to have learnt of the demise of legendary cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan. He was a dashing and daring captain, who brought a new confidence to the Indian cricket scene," he said in a condolence message.
"Even after his playing days were over, he remained an iconic figure, an embodiment of poise and polish and a great advocate of sportsmanship," Singh said.
The Prime Minister conveyed his "heartfelt sympathies" to Patudi's wife Sharmila Tagore and members of his family.