Pataudi a dashing, daring captain: PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today condoled the death of former captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi calling him an iconic figure who had brought a new confidence to the Indian cricket scene.
"I am distressed to have learnt of the demise of legendary cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan. He was a dashing and daring captain, who brought a new confidence to the Indian cricket scene," he said in a condolence message.
"Even after his playing days were over, he remained an iconic figure, an embodiment of poise and polish and a great advocate of sportsmanship," Singh said.
The Prime Minister conveyed his "heartfelt sympathies" to Patudi's wife Sharmila Tagore and members of his family.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18