Pataudi a dashing, daring captain: PM
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today condoled the death of former captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi calling him an iconic figure who had brought a new confidence to the Indian cricket scene.
"I am distressed to have learnt of the demise of legendary cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan. He was a dashing and daring captain, who brought a new confidence to the Indian cricket scene," he said in a condolence message.
"Even after his playing days were over, he remained an iconic figure, an embodiment of poise and polish and a great advocate of sportsmanship," Singh said.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.