Patel duo new spokespersons for Modi govt
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: FIR lodged against Ajit Pawar for threatening villagers to vote for Sule
Finance Minister Nitin Patel and Energy and Petrochemicals Minister Saurabh Patel were appointed spokespersons for the Government of Gujarat on Tuesday. The appointment comes two months after Narendra-Modi led BJP government came to power for the third consecutive term last December.
The two Patels will replace Jaynarayan Vyas and I K Jadeja, who represented the government in its previous tenure. While Vyas lost last Assembly election from Siddhpur constituency, Jadeja did not contest. Nitin Patel, who held urban development portfolio in the previous term, saw elevation to number two in the Cabinet as finance minster. Saurabh Patel too was promoted and given Cabinet rank this time around.
Their appointment comes around a week before the commencement of budget session February 20. Nitin Patel will present the state budget for the first time.