Patel duo new spokespersons for Modi govt
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Finance Minister Nitin Patel and Energy and Petrochemicals Minister Saurabh Patel were appointed spokespersons for the Government of Gujarat on Tuesday. The appointment comes two months after Narendra-Modi led BJP government came to power for the third consecutive term last December.
The two Patels will replace Jaynarayan Vyas and I K Jadeja, who represented the government in its previous tenure. While Vyas lost last Assembly election from Siddhpur constituency, Jadeja did not contest. Nitin Patel, who held urban development portfolio in the previous term, saw elevation to number two in the Cabinet as finance minster. Saurabh Patel too was promoted and given Cabinet rank this time around.
Their appointment comes around a week before the commencement of budget session February 20. Nitin Patel will present the state budget for the first time.
- India is a batting country, so the odd fast bowler may slip through
- AAP barricades itself in, party’s Hanuman Road office locked down
- Ramdin ton not enough as England win game, series
- Delhi aced by Services
- Kejriwal govt was reduced to a minority, Centre tells SC
- BCCI guarded in its reply to Supreme Court