Patel duo new spokespersons for Modi govt
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
Finance Minister Nitin Patel and Energy and Petrochemicals Minister Saurabh Patel were appointed spokespersons for the Government of Gujarat on Tuesday. The appointment comes two months after Narendra-Modi led BJP government came to power for the third consecutive term last December.
The two Patels will replace Jaynarayan Vyas and I K Jadeja, who represented the government in its previous tenure. While Vyas lost last Assembly election from Siddhpur constituency, Jadeja did not contest. Nitin Patel, who held urban development portfolio in the previous term, saw elevation to number two in the Cabinet as finance minster. Saurabh Patel too was promoted and given Cabinet rank this time around.
Their appointment comes around a week before the commencement of budget session February 20. Nitin Patel will present the state budget for the first time.