Pathan to wed long-time girlfriend
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
India all-rounder Irfan Pathan said that he was all set to marry Shivangi Dev, the daughter of an Indian diplomat in Australia and his girlfriend of six years. "I am sure that I will marry Shivangi, but it will take another year-and-a-half," Pathan said. "It's a long cricketing season ahead and I want to focus on my cricket now."
Shivangi works as a chartered accountant in Australia and also teaches dance. Talk of their relationship had started when Irfan chose to stay back in Australia after India's last tour there. He subsequently proposed her in 2006. Subsequently, Shivangi made two trips to Irfan's Vadodara home.
The relationship had earlier been kept under wrap because of resistance from the two families. While Pathan's mother didn't comment on the wedding, Irfan's father, Mehboob Khan Pathan, said, "Jab miya biwi raazi, toh kya karega kaazi?" (If the bride and groom are ready to get married, what can one do?)
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18