Pathan to wed long-time girlfriend
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
India all-rounder Irfan Pathan said that he was all set to marry Shivangi Dev, the daughter of an Indian diplomat in Australia and his girlfriend of six years. "I am sure that I will marry Shivangi, but it will take another year-and-a-half," Pathan said. "It's a long cricketing season ahead and I want to focus on my cricket now."
Shivangi works as a chartered accountant in Australia and also teaches dance. Talk of their relationship had started when Irfan chose to stay back in Australia after India's last tour there. He subsequently proposed her in 2006. Subsequently, Shivangi made two trips to Irfan's Vadodara home.
The relationship had earlier been kept under wrap because of resistance from the two families. While Pathan's mother didn't comment on the wedding, Irfan's father, Mehboob Khan Pathan, said, "Jab miya biwi raazi, toh kya karega kaazi?" (If the bride and groom are ready to get married, what can one do?)