Pathan to wed long-time girlfriend
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
India all-rounder Irfan Pathan said that he was all set to marry Shivangi Dev, the daughter of an Indian diplomat in Australia and his girlfriend of six years. "I am sure that I will marry Shivangi, but it will take another year-and-a-half," Pathan said. "It's a long cricketing season ahead and I want to focus on my cricket now."
Shivangi works as a chartered accountant in Australia and also teaches dance. Talk of their relationship had started when Irfan chose to stay back in Australia after India's last tour there. He subsequently proposed her in 2006. Subsequently, Shivangi made two trips to Irfan's Vadodara home.
The relationship had earlier been kept under wrap because of resistance from the two families. While Pathan's mother didn't comment on the wedding, Irfan's father, Mehboob Khan Pathan, said, "Jab miya biwi raazi, toh kya karega kaazi?" (If the bride and groom are ready to get married, what can one do?)