Pathan to wed long-time girlfriend
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
India all-rounder Irfan Pathan said that he was all set to marry Shivangi Dev, the daughter of an Indian diplomat in Australia and his girlfriend of six years. "I am sure that I will marry Shivangi, but it will take another year-and-a-half," Pathan said. "It's a long cricketing season ahead and I want to focus on my cricket now."
Shivangi works as a chartered accountant in Australia and also teaches dance. Talk of their relationship had started when Irfan chose to stay back in Australia after India's last tour there. He subsequently proposed her in 2006. Subsequently, Shivangi made two trips to Irfan's Vadodara home.
The relationship had earlier been kept under wrap because of resistance from the two families. While Pathan's mother didn't comment on the wedding, Irfan's father, Mehboob Khan Pathan, said, "Jab miya biwi raazi, toh kya karega kaazi?" (If the bride and groom are ready to get married, what can one do?)
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express