Patiala ‘murder’: Mayor resigns but not arrested
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Pardhan was appointed mayor in September last year following unstinting support of Rural Development Minister Surjit Singh Rakhra. However, his relations with Rakhra had strained since. Following his resignation, the chances of Ajit Pal Singh Kohli, the former mayor, to become mayor once again have brightened. Kohli was the next strong contender for the post when Pardhan was made the mayor.
Arrest Pardhan for murder: Khaira
Jalandhar:Accusing Patiala Mayor Jaspal Pardhan of murdering Parampreet Kaur, former Congress MLA Sukhpal Khaira demanded the mayor's immediate arrest. He claimed that the Punjab Police's failure to arrest Pardhan "once again indicated the extreme politicisation" of the force. He alleged that the mayor was not being arrested due to his proximity to Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.