Patiala ‘murder’: Mayor resigns but not arrested
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Pardhan was appointed mayor in September last year following unstinting support of Rural Development Minister Surjit Singh Rakhra. However, his relations with Rakhra had strained since. Following his resignation, the chances of Ajit Pal Singh Kohli, the former mayor, to become mayor once again have brightened. Kohli was the next strong contender for the post when Pardhan was made the mayor.
Arrest Pardhan for murder: Khaira
Jalandhar:Accusing Patiala Mayor Jaspal Pardhan of murdering Parampreet Kaur, former Congress MLA Sukhpal Khaira demanded the mayor's immediate arrest. He claimed that the Punjab Police's failure to arrest Pardhan "once again indicated the extreme politicisation" of the force. He alleged that the mayor was not being arrested due to his proximity to Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’