Patiala Mayor, two others booked for woman’s murder
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Pardhan was made the Patiala mayor last year, and was reportedly elected due to his closeness with Punjab Minister Surjit Singh Rakhra.
Meanwhile Punjab Congress chief Capt Amarinder Singh and his wife Preneet Kaur, Union Minister of State for External Affairs, condemned the "brutal and shameful murder of the young woman." "The entire Congress party stands with the family in this hour of grief," the duo who represent Patiala in the state assembly and the Lok Sabha said. Condemning the incident, they hoped that the culprits will be brought to the book.
They said, they will ensure that the Mayor did not use his influence to get away with the murder of the young woman. Amarinder said this was also a test case for the Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal to show how he dispensed justice.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today