Patil gives salary for drought relief
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Home minister R R Patil handed over Friday a cheque for Rs 57,000, his monthly salary, for drought relief even as he asked citizens to contribute. He had earlier proposed the chief minister and deputy chief minister give two months salary, while other ministers one month pay. The proposal was, however, shot down.
Patil also urged industrialists to provide financial aide to drought-affected people. "Industrialists had stepped forward during the 1972 drought in the state. They also come forward during natural calamities. They should step forward this time also," he said.