Patna HC scraps appointment of 6 VCs and 4 pro-VCs
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Arvind Kejriwal set to launch Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha poll campaign tomorrow at Rohtak
- Mata Amritanandamayi dismiss allegations against her ashram
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Sushma Swaraj on Rahul Gandhi's anti-graft efforts: Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali
The Patna High Court today scrapped the appointment of six vice-chancellors and four pro- -vice-chancellors made by Governor, in his capacity as the Chancellor of the Universities, in Bihar.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Rekha M Doshit and Justice A Amanullah passed the order scrapping the appointment of the six VCs and four Pro-VCs on the ground that the Governor, in his capacity as the Chancellor of the
Universities, had made these appointments without consulting the state government as under section 10(2) of the Bihar State Universities Act, 1976 and the Patna University Act, 1976.
The court further directed the Chancellor to make a fresh list of candidates for appointment of the six VCs and four Pro-VCs within a week and asked the state government to make appointment against these posts within 30 days.
The petitioners Prof. Janardan Singh and Ram Kamakhya Singh had filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) challenging the appointment of the six VCs and four Pro-VCs by the Chancellor without consultation with the state government as required under the provisions of the Bihar State Universities Act, 1976, and the Patna University Act, 1976.
The VCs, whose appointment has been cancelled by the Patna High court are Patna University VC Shambhunath Singh, BRA University VC Vimal Kumar, Jai Prakash University VC Ramvinod Singh, BN Mandal University Arun Kumar, Mazhrul Haque Arabic and Persian University VC Md. Samsuzoha and Kameshwar Singh
Sanskrit University VC Arvind Kumar Pandey.
Patna University Pro-VC J P Singh, B N Mandal University Pro-VC P K Verma, Lalit Narayan Mishra University Pro-VC K P Singh and Mazhrul Haque Arabic and Persian University Pro-VC Sultana K Jabin's appointments too have been annulled by the High Court.
The Patna High Ccourt had reserved its order in the case in August, 2012.
- Singhal: Hindus should have at least 5 children
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Pakistani prisoner found hanging in Jammu jail
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- On false cases, don’t discriminate between Muslims and others: Purohit writes to Shinde
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express