Patriotic songs, poems mark celebrations
- Lakhvi's release: PM Modi conveys India's concerns to China
- Modi must do to Raje, Swaraj what we did to Tomar: Arvind Kejriwal
- AIPMT test to be re-conducted on July 25: CBSE
- Palamu Express derails following blast by suspected Maoists in Jharkhand
- All Income Tax refunds to be put directly in bank accounts: CBDT
Majority of Tricity schools celebrated the Republic Day with much fanfare. Different activities were performed in relation to the day.
Petals, Sector 32 : A fancy dress competition was organised at Petals, the primary wing of Pandit Mohan Lal SD Public School, Sector 32, on the theme 'Patriotism' on Friday with students dressed as Jawaharlal Nehru, Mahatma Gandhi, Subhash Chandra Bose and Rani of Jhansi.
Small Wonders School, Mohali: Celebrations of Republic Day at Small Wonders School, Phase 7, Mohali, began with the unfurling of the National Flag on campus by Principal Hardip K Nama. Students presented patriotic songs. Nama urged the students to value the hard earned freedom.
Blue Bird School, Panchkula : A special assembly was held at Blue Bird High School, Sector 16, Panchkula, to commemorate Republic Day on Friday. Speeches were delivered by the school faculty highlighting the importance of the day.